FAQ - Asian Lacquer Craft Exchange Program in Cambodia
PROGRAM SCHEDULE (tentative)
- Ballroom, Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra Hotel
- Reception for the Program starts at 9:00
- 9:30 - Opening Ceremony
- 10:10-11:10 - Lectures
- 11:20-12:00 - Artist Session
- Lunch Restaurant in Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra Hotel
- 13:00-13:50 - Demonstration I
- 14:00-14:50 - Poster Session
- 14:50-15:50 - Panel Discussion
- 10:00-11:30 - Demonstrations II - Rainbow and Naga Room, Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra Hotel
- 14:30-16:30 - Workshops - Stocker Studio (Angkor Artwork) (for symposium participants only)
- 17:30 ~ Cocktail Party - Stocker Studio (Angkor Artwork)
- 7:00-14:00 - Study Tour
- 19:00 ~ Dinner Party
- - Lecture and Workshop
- (for Cambodian artisans and public) Stocker Studio (Angkor Artwork)
WHAT DOES SYMPOSIUM REGISTRATION INCLUDE?
- Symposium registration includes admittance to symposium events on 1 and 2 September including, Lectures, Demonstrations, Poster Session, and Panel Discussion. The Program Catalog and Lunch at the Hotel Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra on 1 September are also included.
REGISTRATION FOR OTHER EVENTS
- The 2 September Workshops, and the 3 September Study Tour and Final Dinner Party can be added to your registration at additional cost. Tickets for the Workshops and Study Tour are limited, so reserve your places when you register.
- Onsite registration is not recommended. Additional fees of $15USD will be charged for the Symposium, $10USD for the Study Tour and $5USD for the Dinner Party for those who register at the venue.
- Siem Reap is an international tourist destination. There is a wide range of accommodation in every price range and category. The Committee has asked Asia Holidays Tours to offer hotel recommendations in various price ranges as well as services including airport pickup and Angkor Wat tours.
- Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra Hotel
- The venue for the Symposium is the Ballroom and adjoining rooms of the Sofitel. The Sofitel has all the elegance and features one would expect of a hotel in this category. The hotel is supporting our Program by kindly allowing us to exhibit artwork in the lobby. The hotel staff has been very helpful, offering numerous suggestions to make this Program more enjoyable for everyone.
- The Sofitel is offering a special rate of $150USD per night for symposium attendees. This includes all service charges and taxes, but does not include breakfast. We believe this offers excellent value and convenience for participants wishing to stay at the Program site.
- Participants wishing stay at the Sofitel should contact Mrs Nhi Tran at <firstname.lastname@example.org>. The code for this offer is "Asian Lacquer Craft Exchange Exhibition-01SEP18 (160176)".
- Asia Holidays Special Hotel Offers
- Tara Angkor, Superior $50USD (walking distance to the Sofitel)
- Angkor Hotel, Deluxe $29USD
- Angkor Paradise, Deluxe $52USD
- Sala Lodges, Cottage $195USD (walking distance to Stocker Studios)
- Raffles Grand Hotel, Stateroom $200USD
- These rates include breakfast, all taxes and service charges.
- The Committee has visited these hotels and found them suitable.
- Participants wishing to use Asia Holidays services should contact Mrs Nhi Tran at <email@example.com>. The code for this offer is "Asian Lacquer Craft Exchange Exhibition-01SEP18 (160176)”.
TRAVEL AND TRANSPORTATION
- PASSPORT and VISAS
- Please check the visa requirements for Cambodia. If you require a visa, citizens of most nations can get one “on-arrival” at Siem Reap or Phenom Penh airports. Cambodia also has an eVisa system. Apply at . Passports need to be valid for 6 months from the arrival date, so check your passport’s expiration date.
- The US Dollar is the most commonly used currency. The Cambodian Riel (1USD = 4,000 Riel) is used for small transactions and as change for amounts less that one dollar.
- September is in the middle of the rainy season, so expect rain. However, most days have much more sun than rain. Expect a mix of bright sunshine and heavy showers. Temperatures will be 25 to 35C degrees. Prepare accordingly.
- LOCAL TRANSPORTATION
- Siem Reap is not large city, but is growing quickly. Motorbike “tuk-tuks” are the easiest way to get around the town and are a popular way to see Angkor Wat. Tuk-tuks can carry up to 4 people. Rides inside the city center are 2 to 3 USD. Taxis and vans are the best way to go to and from the airport. Rates vary according to destination. Your hotel or Asia Holidays Tours can arrange airport transportation.